Blockhouse Pool


Common Questions about Water Services


I’m moving, how can I stop service?

Call our customer service Mon-Fri 512-246-1400 to discontinue your service and update your forwarding address.

Why should I call to cancel services if someone else is moving in when I am moving out?
We strongly suggest that our customers always call to give us a date that they would like services terminated. Failure to take the water services out of your name will allow billing to continue. Customers are held responsible for all charges until the account is finalized. Updating your forwarding address with us helps ensure you receive any deposit refund you may be owed.

How soon can my water be connected?
After arrangements have been made with a completed application, your water service will be connected the next business day.

I’ve moved out of my home. How do I get my deposit refund?
Please call customer service to ensure your account is finalized and your forwarding address is updated. Deposits are applied to any outstanding balance on the account, and any remaining amount will be mailed by check to the mailing address on file. You should expect your deposit refund check 60-90 days after finalizing your account. Our customer service number is 512-246-1400 and our office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.

How do I change the name on an account?
Please see the “Change of Name on Account” form located here:
Change Of Name Request Form

How do I pay my water bill?

There are several options for paying your bill.
1. Walk-in Payment at our Office, Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm (closed most federal holidays). We accept cash, checks, money orders, cashier checks, and all major credit cards. Our office is located at 2601 Forest Creek Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665.
2. By Mail, with check or money order, and your payment will be credited the day that we receive it. Please write your entire 15 digit account number on the check or money order. Please send payment payable to your District, PO Box 4901 Houston, TX 77210-4901. Your account number is located on your billing statement.
3. By Phone, with any major credit or debit card. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 for information regarding possible fees. You may also set up automatic monthly payments with your credit or debit card by phone.
4. Our Website 24/7 at www.crossroadsus.com with any major credit card or checking account. Payments will be posted next business day.
To pay your bill online, follow these instructions.
1. Click on the “My district” tab to the left.
2. Select your district from the list. Your district name can be found on your bill. You must choose your district or your login will not work.
3. Click on the “Pay My Bill” button next to your district. You can login to your account to make a payment, or use the “Guest Payment” option.

You may also set up automatic monthly payments with your credit or debit card by using the website. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 for information regarding possible fees.
5. Automatic Draft Please mail in or bring in a copy of a VOIDED bank check along with your bill stub. The back of your bill stub has our reoccurring monthly auto-draft agreement that needs to be completed with the voided check. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 for information regarding possible fees.
6. By QR Code There is a QR code located at the bottom of your bill. After downloading a free QR reader application, you may then scan the bar code with your smart phone and follow instructions to complete your payment.
7. Your bank’s Online Bill Pay Service If you use your bank’s online bill pay company, it is critical that the full 15 digit account number found on your bill is clearly shown on the check to ensure your payment is posted promptly and correctly to your account. Please allow 7-10 business days to ensure your payment is received before your due date. Please send payment payable to your district, PO Box 4901 Houston, TX 77210-4901.

Why is my bill so high?
Your bill is based on how much water passes through your meter, which is read monthly. We read your water meter generally every 30 days. Some causes for high bills are: size of household, meter size, size of home or yard, pool use, intermittent running toilets, or irrigation leak. Another possible reason for a high bill is a leak. Please call our 512-246-1400 24/7 if you are concerned about a leak at your residence.

How to read your water meter: Read water meter PDF
Where to locate your water meter: locate water meter PDF
Helpful Leak Tips: Helpful leak tips PDF

How could my bill be the same two months in a row?
Even though your water meter records every gallon used, you’re billed in increments of 1,000 gallons. When the meter is read, the meter reader reads only in thousands. If you use within the 1,000 gallon range of water each month, your bill will be the same.

What do I do if I have a question about my bill?
If you have a billing dispute, call us Mon-Fri at 512-246-1400 from 8 am – 5pm to discuss your concerns. Send any written correspondence to:
Your Water District
c/o Crossroads Utility Services
2601 Forest Creek Drive
Round Rock, TX 78665
Why do I have a past due balance on my bill?
Payment was not received and posted before your new bill was processed. If you have made a payment that is not reflected on your bill, you may call our office to verify we have received the payment.

How do I get on a payment plan for water bills?
For information on payment arrangements for your water bill, please call customer service at 512-246-1400. Arrangements are based on past history on the account and district policies. Our office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.

I received an orange tag on my door. What does this mean?
Orange door tags are typically used to alert a customer of billing concerns on their account. Please read the door tag and call customer service at 512-246-1400 with any questions. Our office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.

I received a blue tag on my door. What does this mean?
Blue tags are hung by our field operators. Please review the tag for information that may be related to repairs done at your meter or water line, possible leaks or other information related to service calls performed at your residence.
What should I do if my water has been shut off for non-payment?
You must pay your bill in full to have your water service restored. Please see “How do I pay my bill” for payment options. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 with questions about possible payment arrangements per district policy.
NOTE: If your water is illegally restored you will be assessed a possible fine. It is a state felony to tamper with your water meter. Our technicians inspect premises periodically to determine if water has been illegally restored.

What are some ways I can conserve water?
Please see the TCEQ, AWWA, and TWDB resources on conserving water at home, outdoor landscape irrigation tips, Water Wise resources and more at http://www.crossroadsus.com/documents.html.

I see water spurting from the ground, or I noticed a large water accumulation near my home or my neighbor’s home. What should I do?

Please call our emergency line at 512-246-1400 to let our technicians know about a possible leak at your residence or nearby your residence. It is important to conserve water and get the water turned off as soon as possible and address any leaks.

How do I determine if I have a leak at my property?
To check for leaks, turn off all indoor and outdoor faucets and then watch your water meter. If the low flow indicator (usually a small triangle or diamond on the face of the meter) is turning, you may have a leak. Watch your meter for 5 or 10 minutes to see if the fine flow indicator moves. If it continues to move, then a leak exists on your property and needs to be located. It is recommended you call a licensed plumber or a licensed irrigator specialist. If you continue to have high water bills and don’t think you have a leak, monitoring your water meter on a daily or weekly basis helps establish a history and pattern to help understand why the usage is so high.

How to read your water meter: Read water meter PDF
Where to locate your water meter: locate water meter PDF
Helpful Leak Tips: Helpful leak tips PDF

I think I have a water leak. Who should I call?

Call us 24 hours a day at 512-246-1400 to report a water or sewer problem or emergency. We’ll respond immediately to investigate.

When can I water my lawn?
Please go to “My District” link on the left and choose your district to see your watering schedule.

Is our water tested for quality?
Absolutely. Our operations staff tests the water in accordance to State and Federal regulations to ensure water meets drinking water standards. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) also tests periodically.
What do I do if the water smells, looks, or tastes unusual?
You may call 512-246-1400 to report anything unusual. Water main breaks or heavy water usage required to fight a fire may occasionally discolor your water. The cloudiness or discoloration is caused by sediment dislodged by sudden pressure changes in the water system. The water will clear up as these sediments are flushed from the system. This water is safe to drink.