Frequently Asked Questions

Account Services

Please visit our Terminate Service page and fill out the form to discontinue your service and update your forwarding address.

We strongly suggest that our customers always call to give us a date that they would like services terminated. Failure to take the water services out of your name will allow billing to continue. Customers are held responsible for all charges until the account is finalized. Updating your forwarding address with us helps ensure you receive any deposit refund you may be owed.

After emailing the completed application and driver’s license, we will then review and process your application. Processing time is typically one to two business days. We will then contact you with directions via email on how to make your deposit and administrative fee payment through our payment portal. Payments that come in after 4pm will not be processed until the following business day. Please note that services will not begin until the application is received, processed and the required fees and deposits are paid. If you do not hear from us within two business days, please contact our office via phone or email.

To ensure next business day service, you may visit our office location and fill out the application in person and pay with cash, check, or credit card.

Please call customer service to ensure your account is finalized and your forwarding address is updated. Deposits are applied to any outstanding balance on the account, and any remaining amount will be mailed by check to the mailing address on file. You should expect your deposit refund check 30-60 days after finalizing your account. Our customer service number is 512-246-1400 and our office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.

Please see the “Change of Name on Account” form.

Change Of Name Request Form


There are several options for paying your bill.

1. Walk-in Payment at our Office, Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm (closed most federal holidays). We accept cash, checks, money orders, cashier checks, and all major credit cards. Our office is located at 2601 Forest Creek Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665.

2. By Mail, with check or money order, and your payment will be credited the day that we receive it. Please write your full account number on the check or money order. Please send payment payable to your District, PO Box 4901 Houston, TX 77210-4901. Your account number is located on your billing statement.

3. By Phone, with any major credit or debit card. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 for information regarding possible fees. You may also set up automatic monthly payments with your credit or debit card by phone.

4. Our Website 24/7 at with any major credit card or checking account. Payments will be posted next business day.

To pay your bill online, follow these instructions.

  • Click on the “My district” tab on the top menu.
  • Select your district from the list. Your district name can be found on your bill. You must choose your district or your login will not work.
  • Click on the “Utility Payment Portal” button on your district’s page. You can login to your account to make a payment, or use the “Guest Payment” option.

You may also set up automatic monthly payments with your credit or debit card by using the website. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 for information regarding possible fees.

5. Automatic Draft Please mail in or bring in a copy of a VOIDED bank check along with your bill stub. The back of your bill stub has our reoccurring monthly auto-draft agreement that needs to be completed with the voided check. Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 for information regarding possible fees.

6. Your bank’s Online Bill Pay Service If you use your bank’s online bill pay company, it is critical that the full account number found on your bill is clearly shown on the check to ensure your payment is posted promptly and correctly to your account. Please allow 7-10 business days to ensure your payment is received before your due date. Please send payment payable to your district, PO Box 4901 Houston, TX 77210-4901.

Your bill is based on how much water passes through your meter, which is read monthly. We read your water meter generally every 30 days. Some causes for high bills are: size of household, meter size, size of home or yard, pool use, intermittent running toilets, or irrigation leak. Another possible reason for a high bill is a leak. Please call our 512-246-1400 24/7 if you are concerned about a leak at your residence.

Your district may have an electronic water meter that will allow you to track watering patterns daily. To see if your district has electronic meters, please visit “My District” and select your district name. If your district has electronic meters, you will find instructions to sign up for this service.

How To Read Your Water Meter
Where To Locate Your Water Meter
Helpful Leak Tips

Even though your water meter records every gallon used, you’re billed in increments of 1,000 gallons. When the meter is read, the meter reader reads only in thousands. If you use within the 1,000 gallon range of water each month, your bill will be the same.

If you have a billing dispute, call us Mon-Fri at 512-246-1400 from 8 am – 5pm to discuss your concerns.

Send any written correspondence to:

Your Water District
c/o Crossroads Utility Services
2601 Forest Creek Drive
Round Rock, TX 78665

Payment was not received and posted before your new bill was processed. If you have made a payment that is not reflected on your bill, you may call our office to verify we have received the payment.
For information on payment arrangements for your water bill, please call customer service at 512-246-1400. Arrangements are based on past history on the account and district policies. Our office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.
Orange door tags are typically used to alert a customer of billing concerns on their account. Please read the door tag and call customer service at 512-246-1400 with any questions. Our office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.
Blue tags are hung by our field operators. Please review the tag for information that may be related to repairs done at your meter or water line, possible leaks or other information related to service calls performed at your residence.

You must pay your bill in full to have your water service restored.

Please see “How do I pay my bill” for payment options.

Please call customer service at 512-246-1400 with questions about possible payment arrangements per district policy.

NOTE: If your water is illegally restored you will be assessed a possible fine. It is a state felony to tamper with your water meter. Our technicians inspect premises periodically to determine if water has been illegally restored.

Water Conservation

Please call our emergency line at 512-246-1400 to let our technicians know about a possible leak at your residence or nearby your residence. It is important to conserve water and get the water turned off as soon as possible and address any leaks.

To check for leaks, turn off all indoor and outdoor faucets and then watch your water meter. If the low flow indicator (usually a small triangle or diamond on the face of the meter) is turning, you may have a leak. Watch your meter for 5 or 10 minutes to see if the fine flow indicator moves. If it continues to move, then a leak exists on your property and needs to be located. It is recommended you call a licensed plumber or a licensed irrigator specialist. If you continue to have high water bills and don’t think you have a leak, monitoring your water meter on a daily or weekly basis helps establish a history and pattern to help understand why the usage is so high.

How To Read Your Water Meter
Where To Locate Your Water Meter
Helpful Leak Tips

Call us 24 hours a day at 512-246-1400 to report a water or sewer problem or emergency. We’ll respond immediately to investigate.

Please go to “My District” link on the top menu and choose your district to see your watering schedule.

Your district may have a leak adjustment policy. Please call our office to inquire if your district allows for a potential leak adjustment. If you qualify, your district has specific terms and conditions for reviewing your account. For more information, please see Leak Adjustment Terms and Conditions and Signature Form.

Water Quality

Absolutely. Our operations staff tests the water in accordance to State and Federal regulations to ensure water meets drinking water standards. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) also tests periodically.

You may call 512-246-1400 to report anything unusual. Water main breaks or heavy water usage required to fight a fire may occasionally discolor your water. The cloudiness or discoloration is caused by sediment dislodged by sudden pressure changes in the water system. The water will clear up as these sediments are flushed from the system. This water is safe to drink.

Leak Adjustment Terms and Conditions and Signature Form
Confidentiality Form
Add Signer Form
Existing Customer Change of Name Form
Take Care of Texas Guides
Managing Lawn Problems in Texas
Guide to Yard Care
Landscape Irrigation
Be Water Wise at Home
Water Conserving Tips
Conserving Water Indoors
Conserving Water Outdoors
Common Questions About Your Water Quality
Household Guide to Water Conservation
Texas Excavation Safety System
Stormwater and Runoff Information